Tuesday 15 January 2013

Birthday girl!

So, today I turned 45...arrggghhh! I still feel like I'm in my early 30s and long may that continue!

I was up early, at 6am, and we must have had a light flurry of snow during the night as all the tyre tracks and footprints outside the house were covered. I saw the gritting lorry trundle past on the main road as I looked out of the window so the council must have got their act together at last as all the roads were clear.

Keith cooked me poached eggs on toast for breakfast and before I left for work I opened my cards and presents. I took Sophie into school on the way and the sky looked very grey but they haven't forecast any more snow for today, just blue skies and sunshine.

Work was busy, which I am thankful for, but our normal cook has now left so we have Martha standing in for us and she was thrown into the deep end, somewhat, as we had two parties at lunchtime and we were all roped in to help. A bouquet of flowers arrived from Mum as I was serving customers! It didn't really calm down until about 3pm so we may need to recruit someone to work over lunchtime if this carries on (which, if we take on another person, it won't!).

After work Sophie and I drove to the abandoned Boughton Green Churchyard where I've wanted to go for ages. It's amazing that I've lived in the area for 40 years but I've never visited this ruined Church and graveyard.










We wandered around taking photos of the ruined stonework and the graves and admiring the beautiful sky which was a mixture of peachy pinks and blues. Gorgeous!

On the way home we stopped to take some more shots of the snow covered fields and the luminous sun as it sank behind the horizon. I love it so much when it snows and the landscape looks like this.

Back home I discovered Keith had baked cheese scones and a bread and butter pudding...with the cupcakes I had for my Birthday I'm definitely going to have to work hard at the gym tomorrow night!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many Happy Returns Janie and I shouldn't worry about being 45 as I am a bit more than that lol.Glad you got spoilt a bit though on your special day...

We drove past that old cemetary at the weekend and was wondering if you could actually go round it.Thanks for sharing the photos...

Wendyx

Janie said...

Thank you Wendy! It's well worth a look and there's a little information notice as you go in. There's a lot of history in the area as there used to be a fair held nearby and the churchyard is still used for burials, which surprised me!