Thursday 17 January 2013

Seafood and eat it!

My Dad gave me a lovely surprise this morning when he gave me two big bags of winter bird food for our crows, our little robin and all our other feathered friends who now rely on us to help them survive the winter. At the moment they definitely need it!



We had a quieter day at work today which was a bit of a relief, to be honest, so I was able to catch up with lots of paperwork that had been neglected.

This evening was our "works do" and the six of us, including my parents, drove into Northampton to eat at The Seafood Cafe. It was snowing all the way home from work but it was just light flurries. Tomorrow we're expected to have widespread snow all over our region so that will make the weekend interesting!

We had a delicious meal - three of us went for cod and chips with mushy peas, my Dad had Sea Bass, Mikey had scampi and my mum enjoyed a huge fishcake! My fish was beautiful and the batter gorgeously light and crispy. As well as starters the children and me managed a dessert so it's back on the diet again tomorrow! We just have one celebration left this month - Mikey's birthday next week - so after that it's back to the regime to lost weight for our holiday!

No comments: