Tuesday 29 January 2013

Dreams interrupted...

I was woken out of a lovely dream this morning by Sophie shaking my foot. At first I thought it was time to get up but it seemed too early. When I asked her what the time was, she said it was 4.30am and that she'd been sick... Keith had already been up and had sorted her out, and was annoyed that she'd felt she needed to wake me.

I was in the middle of a dream where Keith and I had just landed in America, somewhere on the west coast, I think, could have been Seattle...anyway, my dream was wonderful, you know that great feeling you get when you've just arrived in a strange country on holiday and you know you're going to have fun exploring? In my dream I was reading the local paper and looking at a photo of a little girl in a rainbow coloured jumper, just before I was woken up by my poorly daughter.

Sophie took today off school, but when I woke up again at the proper time (this time after dreaming of being in Australia (!) I felt muzzy headed after the drama of our early morning. I always worry when the children aren't well, and I can't imagine how Sophie became ill like that. A virus or something she's eaten? We have all eaten the same things over the last few days, except the lunch she had at school yesterday and this is the third time now that she's had sickness like this. Luckily, she was only sick once and spent the rest of the day curled up on the sofa with her quilt over her and eating cheese scones that Keith made. Sounds like a good day to me!

No comments: