Friday 8 October 2010

Thursday 7 October and eating out again!

I seem to be doing a lot of eating out at the moment! For three weeks in a row now I've been out with friends for meals and very enjoyable it's been!

Last night I went to the Mandarin Buffet with two friends and it was great. As the name suggests, it's a Chinese buffet with every type of Chinese dish you can think of, plus a few Japanese and Indian classics thrown in for good measure. It's a large restaurant but the noise level was reasonable and unlike Red Hot in Northampton, it didn't remind me of a busy hotel.

We shared a bottle of very good house white and munched our way through the buffet along with a good many others. At £12.90 for as much as you can eat, it was very good value and the choice was excellent as along with all the usual Chinese dishes there was also sushi, Japanese dishes (they were raw and had to be cooked by a special chef) salads, desserts and a chocolate fountain. I think it would go down very well with my little family so I can see another visit looming in the near future!

No comments: