Friday 8 October 2010

Phew! It's Friday!

This week has been great but very, very busy. It really has passed in a blur and I'm looking forward to a restful weekend...I hope I get it!

Today has been typically Autumn - heavy fog and damp conditions but the weekend looks better. If it is, I MUST get out into the garden and do some tidying up, plus I need to buy some fat snacks for the birds who are eating everything I'm putting out for them. Our next door neighbours have seen rats in their gardens eating from the bird feeders but luckily we haven't seen any so far. Perhaps the cats have frightened them away, but seeing as we're surrounded on three sides by farmland, it's inevitable, I suppose. I'm hoping to get out for at least one walk over the weekend and maybe go around Pitsford again with Mikey on the bikes. He needs to make a collage as one of his pieces of homework so we'll have to go and collect leaves, berries and other naturey things for that.

I'm also hoping that my Great Great Grandmother's birth certificate will arrive in the post tomorrow and that it'll be the right one...I'll look a bit silly if it's not! That might then confirm her proper name and where she was born, so here's hoping.

The nights are really drawing in now and it's getting very gloomy at 6pm. Before long it'll be time to turn the clocks back but at least we'll get an extra hour in bed!

No comments: