Friday 1 October 2010

Seafood and eat it

I was going to write this last night but I arrived home far too late so now this is officially an October posting! Oh well!

Anyway, I went out with some friends last night to The Seafood Cafe in Northampton and we had some delicious food. I was a bit taken aback at first as the restaurant looks like a bigger version of a local chippie with the stainless steel counter and white tiles everywhere. All the tables are arranged along one side and a lot of the specials were on big blackboards. When we arrived it was quite busy but as the evening wore on it became very loud!

There were four of us and we had a great time catching up. The food was gorgeous and the fish cooked to perfection. They had an amazing variety of fish to choose from including lobster, oysters, crab, scallops and king prawns. I chose the scallops and chorizo to start followed by sea bass fillets with peas, pancetta, lettuce and saute potatoes. We enjoyed two bottles of a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc with our meals which were delicious - really crisp and fruity and a great match for the fish. We all had room for pud so I chose the Eton Mess which was lovely, if a little sweet.

I'll definitely be going back and would love to take Keith as he really appreciates a good bit of fish, something we don't often eat at home. My only gripe was the loudness of the music. I really must be getting old!

No comments: