Sunday 10 October 2010

Saturday 9 October

We were promised a lovely weekend but yesterday was grey, damp and miserable. Again, the plan to get out into the garden was put on hold and instead, Sophie and I went to Boots to buy some essentials and then Beckworth Emporium to buy fat snax for the birds. While we were there we had a cup of hot chocolate each and a Boston Brownie, feeling a bit like imposters as everyone around us was having a full lunch.

Keith and I did manage a walk in the grey gloom, though, and I picked up some beautiful Autumn leaves for Mikey's homework collage. I thought that the sun would break through, but it remained grey and miserable all day, unfortunately.

In the evening Keith and I were ashamed to admit that we were in bed at 9.30pm, leaving the children downstairs watching a film. I'd been awake in the morning at 6am so I was absolutely deadbeat and fell asleep on the sofa, something I rarely do. I did have a good night's sleep, though!

No comments: