Tuesday 5 October 2010

Hitting the ground running...

Life is very busy at the moment and the last two days have passed in a blur. It seems that at the moment every minute of the day is allocated to doing something but that suits me fine. I like being busy!

Yesterday we had beautiful weather (well it was Monday!) so Keith and I found time for a short walk after work. The trees are really beginning to change colour now and the leaves are falling in abundance so the sunshine and the golden colours were a welcome relief from the drab greys of Sunday.

Today I had a few highs and lows and it certainly made the day an interesting one! We didn't have time for a walk, but we did spend a pleasant hour in the conservatory with a drink and the crossword. It sums up my day when I bought what I thought was an Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc and noticed as I was pouring it that it was a Chardonnay...I'm not a huge fan of Chardonaaaaay but it was quite pleasant. I definitely prefer the Sauvignon Blanc, though so I may have to go back to the supermarket and buy the right one tomorrow. Good job it's on special offer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane, I feel the same about chardonnay, but have you tried Wolf Blass Chardonnay Semillon? (red label) Its a bit more expensive but has been on offer at Sainsburys for about a fiver & I love it.Not as sickly as straight Chard. Cheryl x

Janie said...

I haven't tried the Wolf Blass, Cheryl, but will track it down this weekend. I expect the addition of Semillon will act as a softener on the Chardonnay so will look forward to tasting it. Thanks for the recommendation! xx