Thursday 28 October 2010

A brief respite...

Today has been a lot quieter at work - I have no idea why, as the weather has been no different to yesterday (a bit cloudier, maybe) but there you are. I will never understand the public or why they do what they do. Maybe they all read this blog...

Mum and I managed to escape this afternoon for some lunch and a spot of shopping as my thoughts have now turned to my forthcoming trip to Berlin. I needed some warm tights and some long laces for my boots (we walk so much in Berlin my feet have to comfortable). I went into Boots to get my tights and ended up with a whole load of other things that seemed essential, such as a mask for my hair, a leave-in conditioner and make-up. Still, I consoled myself with the thought that I hadn't had to buy a pair of new boots so I didn't feel too guilty! As I was wandering up and down the aisles I suddenly remembered that we had arranged an interview for 2.30pm at work and it was now 2.20pm! Dashing madly back to the car we kept giggling about our stupid forgetfulness!

Back at work, Sophie and Susie had finished selling all their trinkets and painting faces. As part of Sophie's business studies course, she had to make a profit from £5, something she managed quite ably! They had spent the day at work doing nails, making up faces and selling bracelets and had made a tidy proft, all of which will go to Great Ormond Street hospital.

Mum and I did a bit of tidying up at work (more nappies left abandoned) and then it was home, a drink in the conservatory and a game of cards, at which I was well and truly thrashed!

No comments: