Wednesday 27 October 2010

Manicosity!!!

That's a new word I invented for today as it has been very manic! And, bizarrely, a beautiful day here with lots of sunshine and very mild temperatures...why have people come to us when they could be out enjoying the fresh air? I wish I was! I did mention to Keith this morning about a walk if I got home early enough, but I am a wee bit tired having probably walked a few miles already!

Basically, all we have been doing today is shovelling up other people's mess. What these people's homes are like, I shudder to think...yesterday we had a dirty nappy left under one of the tables... As we have three nappy bins in the toilets (mens' as well, I hasten to add, so there's no excuse) and plenty of normal rubbish bins, we were somewhat disgusted. This was in addition to the two sopping wet nappies that were left lying by a car in the car park the other evening. People spill drinks all over the floor and never think to let us know and today we had the squashed raisin brigade in. A high-chair was left surrounded by a squadron of squashed raisins and the odd flattened grape, lethal if you happen to step on one!

What gets me is that if we're a nano second late in clearing up the mess we get moans and groans, as if it's our fault! Oh well! I'm not complaining that we're busy, it's just the general public and the mess they make! I would be very worried indeed if we weren't busy at this half-term, but I do appreciate those customers (and there are a few despite my gripes) who take a minute to bring their laden tray back to us and let us know if they've spilt something so we can mop it up. It takes all sorts, I suppose!

Anyway, I'm sincerely looking forward to going home, enjoying the last couple of glasses of my Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc and relaxing with Keith in the conservatory in (I hope) peace and quiet. We have a delicious home-made tomato soup to look forward to and I can't wait!

No comments: