Saturday 2 October 2010

Lagging behind...

I seem to be lagging behind already this month so hopefully I'll catch up over the weekend. Yesterday was busy and the weather was atrocious - summer is well and truly over now. I thought back to a couple of years ago in October when we all went for a walk in Salcey Forest and it was like a summer day - warm and sunny and beautiful. I have a feeling this October will be a little different although this morning has seen a return to blue skies and misty sunshine. I really must get out and try and take some photographs if it's like this again. I love the sunshine through the mist.

This weekend I need to do some boring stuff like housework and I haven't ventured out into the garden for ages so I dread to think what's happening out there, apart from the slugs and snails taking over completely. If it stays dry I may use today as a chance to put the garden to bed for the winter. Keith is planning a lot more pruning to the bushes in the back garden which have gone on the rampage. We did the same thing with the shrubs in the gravel garden last October and although they looked very bare at first, the pruning did wonders in the Spring and Summer when they really flourished. I have a competitor for Keith's attention this weekend, though...the Ryder Cup is on so I know not a lot will get done, unless it's rained off again of course!

No comments: