Saturday 16 October 2010

Homecoming

My mum and dad arrived back home today after being in the US for two weeks, the reason why I've felt like I've been on a too-fast treadmill over the past fortnight! They've been touring around California, staying in San Francisco, Las Vegas, Carmel and Santa Barbara so I think the colder weather here will be a bit of a shock for them, as will the jet-lag when it kicks in!

Although I've been busy, I've really enjoyed the last two weeks as Keith's been coming into work with me every day and in the evening we tried to walk up to their house to feed Jake and the fish as often as we could. I really needed Keith in with me as he's done many jobs at work that would have been much harder for me to do on my own. Although it was only for two weeks, we've worked together pretty well!

This morning I went to feed Jake and the fishies for the last time and turned the heating up for mum and dad who've been used to the 90 degree heat in sunny California. We then all went to the Chiropodist's as I wanted Keith to take Sophie in this time and try and get some more information out of the woman as to how long this procedure will take. We've had three sessions now and nothing seems to be working on Soph's verrucas, and at £64 a session I'm starting to feel a little alarmed! I did phone up my health insurance company to see if she was covered with that, but despite the amount of money I pay every month verrucas aren't one of the ailments that are included in the cover. Well, they wouldn't be, would they? Grrr!

We're going to give it one more sesssion and see how things turn out before going to our local doctor and seeing if he can send us to the Chiropodist at the hospital. In her defence though, the woman that Sophie sees did say we could tackle the smaller verrucas with Bazuka gel so we went off to Boots to buy that and some cough medicine for Mikey's highly irritating cough which he still has! Arrrrggggh! As much as I love the Autumn and winter I don't like the nasties that go with it!

No comments: