Sunday 17 October 2010

Sunday somnolence...

I had a lovely long lie-in this morning which was a real treat! Keith and I both woke up at about 7.30am and he got up to have a cup of tea. "I'll be with you in a minute," I said to him but then I turned over and went back off to sleep until 9.30am! I had a very vivid dream about being on holiday in Spain and driving a dodgy moped!

When I did get up it was non-stop until I sat down at about 2pm. The children put their orders in for breakfast and then I spent the next few hours giving most of the house a good clean. Mum and Dad are coming around for a meal tonight so it should be a good few hours of non-stop talk as we all catch up on what we've been doing for the past two weeks.

Of course, the weather has been beautiful today - lots of sun and blue skies but we didn't have time to go out and enjoy the fresh air so we'll have to hope for a few sunny evenings to come when we can maybe squeeze in a walk. It's getting darker so much earlier these days but as I write (at 6pm) we still have lots of light and blue skies. In a couple of weeks time, the clocks will go back and then winter will really be upon us!

No comments: