Friday 19 March 2010

The Vouvray Appreciation Society

Friday again and Sue came around for a drink tonight with another bottle of Vouvray. It was delicious and we had a good gossip as usual. It was lovely to sit and enjoy the wine and relax knowing that the weekend is ahead of us. This week has been busy and as predicted, has flown by!

We had another winner at Cheltenham, in the prestigious Gold Cup. I was convinced that the two favourites, Denman and Kauto Star, weren't going to win, but who was? Keith wasn't even going to have a bet in the race (he said!) but I convinced him and he went for Imperial Commander who looked the closest bet to challenge the favourites. Well...I was glad he did! When I got home from work, we watched the race and he won! It was sad to see Kauto Star fall (he was OK) but Imperial Commander beat Denman into second place and we cheered! I also fancied Mon Mome which came third and if I'd trusted my instincts and had an each way bet on him, we'd have won more than for a straight win with Imperial Commander!

We managed a walk tonight, to mum's to feed Jake but it rained heavily and we arrived back home soaked to the skin! It was still enjoyable though and I felt good for getting out and getting some exercise!

No comments: