Tuesday 2 March 2010

Undercover...as Agent Black Owl...

It's been a good day today, albeit slightly frustrating at times.

Keith took the car into VW at Kettering this morning and what should have been a half hour job lasted half the day. I had to drive all the way over to pick him up, drop him back at home and then go back to work. When the car was eventually ready it was all shiny and clean but came with a list of faults that the dealer had identified from its "Free Health Check"! The most shocking of all was the cost of a replacement handle for the glove compartment - they wanted £114 for that and £70 for a small switch that controls my wing mirrors!

Beating a hasty retreat I drove back to work wishing I'd started my own car dealership...

In the evening Keith and I went undercover to the Swan Inn in Braybrooke. I'd accepted a Mission as Agent Black Owl from Everard's to go along and have a meal and a drink and then answer a few (well, 50) questions about our evening there. It was most enjoyable. We left the children at home and had a couple of hours of good chat and a lovely meal. The Swan Inn is a really pretty pub in a small village and although we've been before, it was a good few years ago.

The welcome was warm and the food very good so we will definitely be going back, but next time without the moustache and dark glasses. I couldn't fault the place at all.

The only blot on the landscape was the puddle of slurry I drove through on the outskirts of the village which rather ruined JH02JLH's good looks...life in the country, eh?

No comments: