Sunday 21 March 2010

First Day of Spring?

Today was as beautiful as yesterday was horrible. I spent a couple of hours in the garden and to be honest, I could have cried when I first ventured out. Everything looked dead but on closer inspection and after a bit of tidying up, things did look a lot better. Perhaps I'm expecting too much. I raked the grass and Keith put down some grass seed underneath the Hebe that has lost a big branch after the winter. I know it will recover and sometimes I think it does plants good to have a bit of a prune. Sue came out and we had a natter about gardens in general. Very enjoyable in the Spring sunshine!

In the afternoon, Sophie and I went off to Podington garden centre and I bought some primroses and violas to add a bit of colour. The place was buzzing with people doing much the same as I was and cars were being filled with plants of all shapes and sizes. It was lovely to see.

Back at home I put a lot of the plants in the front garden, to make it more colourful so we'll see what happens. In some ways it's good to have a choice now as the bushes have been cut back so much. I have a few conifers that will now maybe find a new home there.

So...it's been an enjoyable day but the weekend has gone over far too fast for my liking! Next week the clocks go forward and we lose a precious hour but gain some light in the evenings!

No comments: