Friday 26 March 2010

Cats...

Does anyone want two cats?

Keith discovered this morning that one of the cats (and we have our suspicions as to who it is) weed in his slippers.This is becoming a habit now - a habit I find extremely annoying and horrible. I found wee on some computer manuals behind a chair in the living room and twice on books upstairs. We decided never to leave the cats in the house when we're not there but now it looks like we're going to have to put them out at night as well as they can't be trusted.

I'm not a big fan of cats and we got them in the first place as Sophie wanted a dog. The time wasn't right for a puppy as we were both working all day so the cats were a compromise. Archie is lovely but constantly leaves a trail of black fur all over the cream carpet, disappears for days on end in the summer and eats most of the local wildlife population. Monty is a beautiful looking cat but is aloof and only wants to know you when he wants food. He frequently hisses and growls at us and hates being picked up, stroked or petted.

The other week I jokingly asked Sarah if I could borrow Max for a week, but knowing him and the cats, they'd probably run him out of the house! He managed to get into the house once when we left the door open and Monty was having a snooze in the conservatory. Monty woke up and hissed at him so much, Max turned tail and fled!

It's a shame because I've had cats in the past who were lovely and were real members of the family like Jake is with mum and dad. Tabitha was a beautiful tabby who loved us to bits while Ben used to love to come in the car with us on journeys down to Kent! He would sit on mum's lap and suck on a piece of blanket!

Maybe the solution is to get a puppy and see what happens! The cats may decide they prefer life in the garage!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I said I would have Archie for you Jane didn't I
SWS

Janie said...

I know you did and that's very good of you...I'll bear it in mind. But I think Sophie would be distraught!

Anonymous said...

Not if you got her a puppy instead