Sunday 28 March 2010

Spring forward...

So, the clocks went forward today and we lost an hour which has made me irritable all day. Time flies past quickly enough as it is without losing a hour!

I set myself the task of cleaning today and we moved the dining room table back into the conservatory! What a relief as we have so much more room now and it was lovely to sit out there this evening and do a bit of sky-gazing.

This afternoon we went in search of inspiration for Sophie's room. I think she is still a bit confused. We picked out a lovely quilt cover which was large black roses against a cream background. This will fit her theme of New York/Audrey Hepburn/Breakfast at Tiffany's etc...However, when we looked at wallpaper for her "accent" wall, we came unstuck. I suggested a beautiful flock wallpaper of black flowers against cream, but she hated it and went for a wild proliferation of bright flowers!  There was no way it was going to match and I invented a new word - hideosity!!

The best thing to do is to let her sleep on things and then look at different magazines to see if she can get some inspiration, but I do suspect the new quilt cover will be returned.

Our afternoon was rounded off at the Beckworth Rip-off Emporium...Despite me asking Sophie not to order one of their sandwiches, she whinged on until she got one. I asked for just a plain cheese sandwich, no wedges, salad or coleslaw. The result? They still charged me £5.25 for two slices of bread and some cheese! As we were one of the few tables left I didn't want to cause a scene with our very young waitress so I will be writing to the manager and expressing my disgust!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Janie,I don't blame you for writng a letter of complaint to Beckworths regarding the price of that sandwich.I heard a rumour that the owner spent £4,000,000 on doing the place up so I expect he has to get his money back somehow.

My sister paid £4.99 for a pkt of tom seeds and there was only one seed in the pkt.Letter now winging it's way to T&M.Rip off Britain strikes again...

Wendyxx

Janie said...

Phew! I'm glad it's just not me then! I doubt whether I'll go back there again, to be honest. That is a lot of money to get back! I didn't blame the poor little waitress as it wasn't her fault so a letter is winging its way to them now. I'll let you know if I get a reply!

Jane xx