Tuesday 30 March 2010

A bit of R&R

It was lovely to come home tonight and know that we had nothing to do and nowhere to go. I jumped into the bath and read my current book for a while (Starting Over by Sue Moorcroft who taught me at evening classes a few years ago and happens to be a friend of mine on Facebook. It's very enjoyable!) then Keith and I fell asleep on our bed for half an hour which was bliss. Last night I had a terrible night's sleep so I may have caught up at least a bit!

We played cards in the conservatory for an hour before dinner and I absolutely thrashed Keith...I didn't just win, the poor man was annihilated! It's funny how this happens and I have no explanation for it at all. Maybe luck comes in waves and I was at the top of my particular lucky wave! I wish it followed through with the lottery!

Today has been rainy and miserable, but it was great to sit in the conservatory and listen to the rain on the roof knowing we were warm and dry while the weather raged all around us!

No comments: