Saturday 13 March 2010

Joining the masses at the Garden Centre...

What a mistake that was! Last year I had mum's present sorted out weeks before Mothers' Day, but this year I've left it until the last minute. Sophie and I drove to the Garden Centre this morning to buy a pressie for my mum and a little something for Sarah tonight when we go around for dinner. I think everyone in Northamptonshire had the same idea...

I didn't see anything I liked and was horrified by the prices of mediocre bunches of flowers and grotty arrangements that would last for just a couple of weeks. I did see a very pretty Camellia but had a feeling they need lime free soil, which wasn't mentioned on the label (I was right). One very harrassed mum made me smile - she had two small boys with her and was obviously looking for a present, the same as me. As she passed me she said through gritted teeth..."My husband is going to pay for his morning round of golf!" I really felt for her!

Anyway... the present is sorted - a lovely bunch of yellow roses and Garden Centre vouchers so mum can go and spend them on what she likes when the mass panic has died down!

No comments: