Thursday 25 March 2010

Ouch!

Today I had an appointment at the dentist with the children. I hate the dentist, even though nothing really bad has happened to me there. It's just the thought of lying prone in the chair and being helpless, I think! He asked if everything was ok, and, unusually for me, it wasn't. I've had a pain in my jaw for the last week and put it down to a bit of tension, but today as I cleaned my teeth, I could feel a pain. My dentist had a good rummage around and then took an X-ray but couldn't find anything wrong. He gave me a prescription for some antibiotics if the pain didn't go away in a week, but told me that I couldn't drink alcohol with them!! WHAT!!! If the pain does get worse I'll have to wait until after next Saturday because I'm hosting a Wine tasting then!!

He then gave me a scale and polish and it really hurt! I was lying there gripping the armrests of the chair and trying not to scream as he blasted away at my poor gnashers! But at least they look all shiny and very clean now!

Mum and Dad popped around when I got home and had a drink with us and a good natter about their holiday. They had a wonderful time and I think they really managed to relax while they were away. Their only gripe was the poor Euro exchange rate and it sounds like Paphos is suffering the same problems as Puerto Pollensa - lots of empty restaurants as people opt for half-board or All-Inclusive. I can't say I blame them at the moment. They brought back a beautiful bottle of wine for us, sealed with red wax. It looks very special and is seven years old so I think we'll be saving that for a lovely dinner or Anniversary.

So, all in all, a day that didn't start out too brilliantly ended very well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How are your chompers today, Jane?
Jigs

Janie said...

They still hurt!