Wednesday 17 March 2010

Another winner!

Big Zeb did the business for us at Cheltenham today and like yesterday, Keith recorded the racing for me to watch when I got home from work. Now we are into profit!

It's been a long day today. I took my parents to Luton Airport this morning for their flight to Cyprus and even at 6.30am the roads were busy. We were doing really well until someone had the cheek to  break down in the roadworks near Luton, but it only held us up for ten minutes.

Luton has changed considerably since I was there last. The approach road was different and the drop off point had changed as well. The cheek of it though...they charged £1 for me to drop off my parents!! Huh!

I raced back to work and managed to get there well before we opened which was a relief. Today has been busy but I managed to sneak off at lunchtime and visit my chiropodist who has an apartment in Puerto Pollensa. We had a good chat and she offered me the use of her place whenever I want so I may well take her up on it!

After work, and after watching the racing, Keith and I dropped dad's car back and then we walked home. It was another lovely evening but chilly out of the sun. A few daffodils were in flower but we did see lots of snowdrops. Maybe Spring is just around the corner after all!

4 comments:

urbanc said...

Where abouts in Puerto Pollensa is here flat out of interest?

http://puertopollensa.org.uk/

Janie said...

Hi,

I'm not sure! All I know is that it's in the port!

urbanc said...

cool well its a lovely place, you will have a great time!

Janie said...

Thank you! We've been lots of times before but not sure if we will be able to get there this year.