Wednesday 3 March 2010

Turning the corner?

Is it me or are we over the worst? Keith and I drove over to Guilsborough this afternoon as he has to go to the surgery there on Friday morning for physiotherapy on his leg (as if he hasn't got enough wrong with him!!). It was a beautiful late afternoon/early evening and it was so lovely to see the sun still shining at 5pm. I feel as if we've turned a corner with the weather and that longer, warmer and sunnier days are on the way.

On a different note, we are now spending more time without the children which feels a bit weird...They now prefer to stay at home if we pop out to the supermarket or like last night, go to the pub. We have very strict rules but my parents are literally two minutes away and we have very good neighbours who would help in an emergency. Sophie is very sensible and grown-up for her age and she is under strict instructions not to answer the door to anyone and not to touch the cooker or light candles. When they were babies, I sometimes felt as if my own freedom took a back seat but now we seem to be regaining a bit of our life which is great. It also stops the arguing if they don't fancy a trip to the supermarket or to go and get a newspaper but I think they will still want to come out for a meal with us, which I always enjoy.

So today I feel a new sense of optimism and freedom. I know I'm not alone in yearning for Spring. It's been a long, long winter and even now there's no guarantee that the cold weather won't return. But I can see snowdrops flowering and hopefully, in a couple of weeks, the verges and gardens will be full of lovely yellow daffodils!

No comments: