Monday 8 March 2010

Ducking out of dinner...

It had been a busy day and on the way home tonight, after going to Mikey's weekly lesson, I thought...why not? The pub does two for one on a Monday night and I really don't fancy what we've got planned for dinner. So we went!

I'm not sure Keith was that pleased when we turned up en masse, but even he had to admit that he enjoyed our spontaneous visit and it was lovely not to have to cook and wash up. I had liver, which I really fancied, and it was cooked beautifully.

I love our local - we've been visiting through thick and thin since 1989 and it's like a home from home for us, with friendly staff and a lovely atmosphere. Tonight it was quiet, just how we like it.

It was a busy day at work, as I said. We scrubbed the floor and re-sealed it which is always a long and dirty job. My arms ache at the moment but when I walk in tomorrow it'll be lovely to see such a clean and shiny floor. How long it will last is anyone's guess though!!

No comments: