Tuesday 16 March 2010

Getting some exercise.


This afternoon, when I'd finished work, Keith and I went for a walk. First of all though, we watched a couple of races at Cheltenham as he'd put a bet on and his first horse won! He was very pleased as that means he can now enjoy the festival and his remaining bets are paid for! Let's just hope he has some more winners...

It was a beautiful late afternoon and we were out for longer than we'd intended. We took a different route across the fields which took us to a path overlooking Pitsford reservoir. It was lovely and quiet and we just saw one person in the distance.


As usual I took lots of photos of the trees, with the backdrop of the setting sun. I sometimes feel like a character in Close Encounters of the Third Kind, forever drawing (in my case photographing!) the same picture! But I really do love the bare trees against the sky (you may have noticed) and I've mucked about with the pictures a little to make them a bit more atmospheric.


We went down to the bank of the stream to see if any of the daffodils were open, but they were still tightly closed against the chilly wind. Hopefully this time next week we'll see a mass of yellow heads.

It was lovely to have a walk and get some fresh air - hopefully it will become an enjoyable habit!

No comments: