Friday 5 March 2010

Friday!!!

Another week has flown by! Where has this week gone?

Conversation with my son in the car on the way to pick up hubby from the pub...

Son: Mr Ayton (his Headmaster) told us today that if you mixed baking soda with vinegar it would explode like a volcano...
Me: Really?
Son: Do we have any Baking powder?
Me: No!

Today has been a much better day - the sun has shone, it was pretty mild (9 degrees) and it was Friday...what more could I want? I didn't even have to rush around this morning as Keith had an appointment for some physiotherapy at 8.30am so it was down to me to take Mikey to the bus stop. This was was lovely as it gave me a chance to chat to the other mums who I don't see enough of.  Going to work at 7.45am every morning means I miss out on the mum chat at the bus stop, but I do love going into work early and missing the worst of the traffic. But I like to catch up every now and then and it was great to go out with them just before Christmas to the local pub and have a good gossip. It was very snowy that night and we walked the half mile to the pub with the snow crunching under our feet and a million stars above us. Nice memories!

One of the mums is holding a jewellery and gift card sale in a few weeks and I think I'll go and take my mum.

Today, the weather has been so lovely, I've felt like doing some spring cleaning! Keith and I sat in the conservatory when I got home from work and discussed what we were going to do with the Scalextric that has been sitting idle since Christmas. I want the conservatory back as a dining/sitting room now that the weather is getting better as I love sitting out there and gazing up at the sky. It was warm in there even though we didn't have any heating on. Over the weekend I think we'll sort it out and maybe set up the track in Mikey's bedroom, even if it means cutting it down a bit. The house needs a good deep clean so I'm pysching myself up to do it over the weekend...Wish me luck!!

This month's Photo Challenge is colours, which alternate every day. Today has been black and it just had to be Archie...

No comments: