Friday 7 June 2024

Friday at last!

I was definitely glad today was Friday and I was looking forward to the weekend and a couple of lie-ins! Sophie didn't go to the gym this morning after our late night last night (it was past 11pm when we got to bed), so we sat and had a coffee before getting ready for work.

I was answering calls today because Shirley was on annual leave, but the phones weren't too bad. I dealt with all the emails in between calls so the time flew by. At 4pm I sped home to relax after a busy week. Sophie also finished at 4pm and, after a quick chat about our respective days, went to get ready for an evening out with Laura at their favourite pub in Yardley Hastings.

Keith went to the pub, so I had an hour to myself. I actually curled up on the sofa and read my latest book in peace and quiet. Bliss! When Keith arrived home we had a simple dinner of fishcakes and mashed potatoes, and then I went upstairs to watch the film, Wicked Little Letters starring Olivia Colman. I'd wanted to see it when it first came out, and I enjoyed it tremendously! 

Sophie rolled in at almost 11pm but had had a great night catching up with Laura. I'd managed to get both cats in so that pleased her! They were both curled up on the footstool and had great cuddlies!

No comments: