Wednesday 19 June 2024

A little different...

Keith and I were out early this morning and headed for Costa Coffee at Kettering for breakfast. The place was busy with people, many working away on laptops, obviously using the café as an office.

We enjoyed coffee, a sausage bap and a toastie, and after we'd eaten, we popped into B&M to buy some paint. I needed varnish for the front and garage doors, white gloss for the bannisters and more white satinwood paint for the skirting boards in the kitchen and cloakroom. I also bought brushes and paint cleaner. Now all I need is the motivation to do it!

Before going home, we called into Tesco to buy dinner for tonight. It's now getting critical that we can't decide on meals, and we wandered around the supermarket looking for inspiration. In the end, we went down the ready-meal route, something we try to avoid, but at least the dishes looked different from our usual fare. Keith and I chose a Tesco Finest gammon hock in a honey and mustard sauce, while we selected a garlic and mushroom chicken dish for Sophie. With added vegetables, new potatoes and mash for Soph, we at last had a meal to look forward to!

Back home, I spent the rest of the day catching up with jobs, and I cleaned and tidied our cutlery drawers, as well as the big cupboard which doubles as a dumping ground. I also cleaned out the fridge and our pantry cupboard to make the shopping list a little easier to compile! It all looked so much better when I finished, and now we can find things!

With all the usual Wednesday chores, the day flew past and the house was looking clean and tidy when Sophie arrived home from work.

Dinner was delicious (if a little fiddly with adding sauces) but Keith and I enjoyed our gammon on the bone and the taste was lovely. Maybe next time we're finding it difficult to come up with something, we'll venture down the ready-meal aisle again!

Our viewing pleasure this evening was more football... Sophie and I sat and read. I shall be glad when this tournament is over!

No comments: