Saturday 3 August 2024

Tidying up!

I discovered this morning that in the night, Mike had wandered into Sophie's room by mistake and had become quite aggressive when she told him to go back to his own room... She had been scared to wake up and find him standing at the foot of her bed, and as this wasn't the first time it had happened when he stayed over, she was naturally quite upset. He had almost no recollection of it and apologised but it did make things a bit tense this morning.

I sent Keith out for bacon, and we had sandwiches and coffee for breakfast before I gave Sophie a lift to the beauty salon in Northampton. The weather this morning has been disappointing with heavy clouds and no hint of sunshine. 

When we arrived back, I decided to tackle the back garden which had been left in a mess after the men's work yesterday. I mowed up lots of the scattered leaves and small twigs and raked up the bits the mower missed so it looked a lot neater. The poor garden was parched because of the lack of good rainfall recently, so I watered all the pots and threw out some plants that were past their best.

Sophie made me a cup of tea and came out to read her book as I worked, so it was very pleasant. We even had a visit from Mooney! When I finished I was a lot happier, but now we need to go to the tip in Brixworth with all the cuttings.

Keith went to see Sileby play for the first time this season, and Sophie and I had a sneaky drink and booked a girls' getaway in Vienna for next March. We were so excited and had a good look at the hotel we'd booked and restaurants nearby, but I think that's it for now! We have lots to look forward to in the next few months!

Mike joined us and we watched an episode of Travel Man in Vienna. Sophie had made me a G&T and she made Mike and herself a Negroni. It was exceedingly pleasant sitting and chatting and watching the Olympics after the travel show. Keith came home with news of a 1-1 draw and he and Mike went to the pub for an early drink. We have been trying to get quotes for an outside charging point for Sophie's new car and they were hoping to see Josh in the pub, who's a qualified electrician. I was amazed at the quotes we've been getting, all in the region of about £1000!

Sophie and I decided to walk Mooney to the green and shout for Gomez, and it was a very sociable stroll, saying hello to our neighbours, and chatting with Paul and Sharon who were walking their dogs, Bailey and Archie.

I was going to post a letter but Mooney followed me so I returned to the green! I thought he would have stayed close to Sophie so I was surprised to see him walking behind me! We returned to the house and sat in the garden. It was blissfully quiet, which is just as it should be in the cocktail hour!

Sophie made beef stroganoff for dinner and it was delicious served with rice and garlic bread. We watched the Olympics after dinner and enjoyed the athletics and swimming. Mike went out again, this time to see friends further afield, but he certainly wasn't going to drive after the drinks he'd enjoyed this afternoon!

No comments: