Monday 19 August 2024

Cobbled together!

It was a horrible feeling being woken up at 6am this morning and facing a new week. I had enjoyed my time off but all good things come to an end!

I think Sheila and Sara were glad to see me back, and I spent the first two hours sending the box office returns figures to the various film distributors. They had emailed me asking where they were as I always send everything through on Friday morning, and Sheila had been too busy with her own work to send them.

The rest of the day was spent dealing with emails, my own and the customer service missives, and helping out with calls. The time flew by!

Keith had been confined to the house all day as the pain in his back had moved down to his leg and he found it difficult to walk. Therefore, he hadn't been shopping, so we'd decided to use the leftover Chinese from Saturday night and "cobble" together a meal for dinner. I think Sophie was looking forward to it!

Keith and I played cards in the kitchen while she prepared a delicious stir fry, adding extra rice to the leftovers and breaking a couple of eggs into the mix. We found a bag of prawn crackers in the cupboard and it was lovely. We do like using up leftover food!

I'm not sure if Keith will feel able to go shopping tomorrow, but Sophie said she'd call into Aldi on her way home and buy dinner. Rather her than me!

No comments: