Friday 9 August 2024

A pleasant end to the week!

Today has been a pleasant day at work,  and a great end to the week. I was working with Shirley and Kathy, and the time passed quickly again. I managed to have a proper look at some old emails and put on two NPLQ courses for next year! This is one of the aspects of my job; we're always working in advance!

It was warm driving home, and I relaxed until Sophie got in from work. Keith wasn't at the pub this evening, but I told him it was an Olympics-free evening! Although I've enjoyed the games, I will be glad when this feast of sport is over and things return to normal!

Sophie and I enjoyed a bottle of French Rosé with some nibbles and we chatted about her stressful day. She's having staff problems at the moment and definitely needed a glass of wine this evening!

Dinner was an easy one tonight. At the moment it's so warm that it puts me off eating a little! We watched an episode of The Hotel Inspector this evening and I have to say I admire Alex Polizzi. She certainly wouldn't put up with any nonsense from her staff!


No comments: