Tuesday 6 August 2024

Electricity talk!

It's been a bit frustrating at work today as the madness continues and we receive many, many calls. For some reason, Angela didn't log on until almost 10.30am this morning, leaving Jo and me to take all the calls... Am I missing something here? I thought our job was to answer the phone and help people? I was mighty miffed!

It was a huge relief to leave at 4pm and head home. Just as I arrived, a van drew up and it was an electrician that Sophie had contacted about the outside charging unit. He peered into our meter cupboard, looked at the fusebox in the cloakroom, and took a photo of it, and then gave us lots of information about charging up Sophie's car. We can contact our electricity supplier and ask them to put us on an overnight EV tariff, which sounds good and will help with the bills.

He waffled on for another twenty minutes and left, saying he would send Sophie a quote over the next couple of days. Our daughter arrived home, bringing the car manual with her as she hadn't been able to adjust the wing mirrors! She said the car had warned her about her position in the lanes on the road and whether she was too close to the vehicle in front... haha! 

We had a quiet evening with sausages and loads of vegetables for dinner, and the Olympics after we'd eaten. Don't get me wrong I love watching the games but I will be glad when all this sport is over!

No comments: