Thursday 1 August 2024

Another month arrives!

I was hoping for a few quiet days now, and praying that the niggles we experienced in July were behind us!

Keith took me to work this morning and went to do the shopping. I had a busy shift at work and was glad to finish at 2pm. I dropped Keith off at home and carried on over to Kettering to pick up my Mum and take her to have her nails done.

The area behind Natalia's house, where I park the car, resembled Old Steptoe's Yard even more today. I parked next to an ancient Mercedes that obviously hadn't moved for a while, as it was covered in dust, tree resin and bird poop. I think Natalia and her husband own an old truck that they're converting into a camper van, and that was parked right next to her gate so we had difficulty getting into her garden and the little room she uses for her nail business!

Her daughter met us and started the process by removing the old gel nail polish. She was lovely and friendly and chatted with us until her Mum turned up to take over. By about 4.30pm Mum was done and sporting beautiful grey nails with a French polish finish. 

I took her back and it was lovely to have the air-conditioning on in the car! I almost fell asleep in the salon as it was so warm! The heatwave is set to continue for another day and the forecast thunderstorms never happened here today, although we did have some rain this morning. It was cloudy and overcast and therefore humid and uncomfortable. It's always the way; we get a warning and nothing happens!

No comments: