Monday 26 August 2024

Locking problems!

Even though I didn't need to be at work until 9am today, I was still awake at 6.15am! Typical! I did enjoy a cup of coffee in the peace and quiet, though!

I left the house while Keith and Sophie grappled with the new registration plates for Olive, and enjoyed the empty roads on the way to work. I wish it was like this every day! When I parked the car it wouldn't lock... sometimes this happens if the driver's door is not closed properly, but all the doors were firmly shut. I tried again and again, but the car refused to lock. I couldn't believe it! As I stood there, my colleague Jo arrived with her husband, and they were as perplexed as I was!

In the end, I was forced to call Sophie, but she said they were still attaching the new plates, so I'd have to wait. I was furious with the situation and couldn't leave the car in case it was stolen! I had a suspicion there was another way to lock the car with the key itself instead of the fob, so I went onto YouTube and put my question into the search engine. Within a minute, I'd discovered that the driver's door handle has a removable cover. Take that off and you can access the keyhole. Phew! I managed to lock the car and sped into the office where Jo was setting up the wallboard.

I had intended to get in early, turn everything on and then get a coffee, but I had five minutes to rush around like a headless chicken before the phone lines opened! Luckily, we had a slow start and the rest of the shift was pleasant and relaxed. I did all the box office returns and managed to deal with all the customer service emails, so I was chuffed! I was dreading a busy, hectic shift, but the weather certainly helped today as it was dry and sunny.

After my shift, I managed to unlock the VW but the alarm went off! I hastily put the key in the ignition and it stopped, thank goodness! Back home, Sophie had just returned from a walk with Vikesh and Keith was itching to go and do the shopping... wonderful! I had visions of pottering about this afternoon and enjoying the sunshine.

In the end, all three of us went to Tesco at Kettering and Sophie and I replaced the batteries in both of our key fobs at the Timpson outlet as her keys had been playing up as well! We joined Keith, did the shopping and then drove home to relax.

We played cards for half an hour before Sophie cooked the Malaysian curry we should have had last night. It was lovely - aromatic and coconutty. Delicious!

No comments: