Sunday 7 July 2024

Testing, testing!

I had a disturbed night, as I woke with a horrible headache at 4am and went downstairs to take some tablets, much to the bemusement of the cats. 

I woke again at about 8.30am and took some more painkillers. I felt stuffed up and achy so I planned on getting a covid test at Tesco this morning. Sophie's new glasses were ready to be collected, so after a cup of coffee and Wordle Off, we drove over to Kettering. 

Sophie picked up her glasses and joined me for some shopping. I had a list from my parents but before we went to see them I wanted to make sure I just had a bad cold. We couldn't find the covid tests and in the end, we had to get a member of staff to show us where they were. They were £9 for a pack of five! Long gone are the days when you could get them for free, delivered to your door!

We did our shopping and in the car, I did the test. After doing so many of them in the past, I didn't need the instructions and soon we were waiting for the result, as the liquid slowly made its way up the little window. I said to Sophie that I would never forget my positive result when the line was as red as a good bottle of wine!

Fortunately today, it was negative, so I just have a pesky cold. Thank goodness!

We dropped off Mum and Dad's shopping, had a chat and then returned home for lunch as we were both hungry. We enjoyed leftover Chinese takeaway sitting in the sunny conservatory, which was lovely. The weather was supposed to be a mixed bag of sunshine and showers today, and of course, it's the British Grand Prix today at nearby Silverstone.

We'd bought treats for the cats in Tesco and Mooney loved the tubes of chicken "yoghurt". He really loves his food and dislikes having to climb up the gate to get out of the garden as he has a bit of a tum, bless him! We now leave the gate open as well so he can come and go!

We decided to eat in the conservatory again this evening as it's more comfortable for Keith and lovely out there at this time of year. Our planned meal of coq au vin was postponed until tomorrow and we gave Keith strict instructions on how to prepare it! Tonight, we enjoyed Chicken Kyiv and it was delicious!

No comments: