Thursday 11 July 2024

A positive shock!

Sophie woke me this morning to say she had a sore throat and was going to take a covid test. We sat down on the sofa and I said I'd take one as well, just in case. Imagine my shock when it was definitely positive with a red line showing... I must have had it all week! No wonder I felt stuffed up and tired! Sophie's test was negative but that means nothing after the experience I had on Sunday! 

I was now facing a dilemma as to whether to go to work or not? If I hadn't taken the test, I would never have known, and I'd been in all week. Our only vulnerable colleague is Kathy who has asthma, and she's away on holiday, so I decided to go in and let Sara know before I left the house. I sit right down at the far end of the office anyway, and I decided to keep using hand sanitiser and keep away from everyone! I was probably more contagious at the start of the week!

Two new variants are doing the rounds at the moment, and with all the sporting events and music festivals going on, plus people travelling, it's no wonder it's spreading. I'm convinced I contracted it last Wednesday, as the woman who treated me had just returned from Florida.

At least I had a shorter shift today and could escape home at 2pm. I have to confess to doing very little and I sat and read the papers in the kitchen with a cup of tea!

This summer is turning out to be a washout and there's been hardly any sunshine this week. At the moment, I yearn for sunny skies and warmth!


No comments: