Wednesday 17 July 2024

Out for lunch

Sophie woke with a headache this morning so gave the gym a miss. We arranged to meet her for lunch at midday, after taking my car to be washed and doing some shopping at Tesco. 

I dropped my car off at Waves in Tesco's car park and we had a cup of coffee before doing our shopping for tonight's dinner. The car wasn't ready when we finished so we sat in the sun and chatted to an old friend who was heading back to her car. We hadn't seen her for ages, so it was great to catch up with her news.

As soon as the car was finished (and it looked beautiful), we drove home, dumped the chilled food in the fridge and drove down to see Sophie. We walked over to Café 900 and enjoyed a leisurely hour having lunch and chatting. I picked a pulled pork and crispy onion wrap and it was delicious.

After saying goodbye to Soph, we drove home and I made a start on the chores, before having a nap as I felt shattered. I'd done a test earlier in the day and a faint line had appeared so I was still positive. 

The weather today has been sunny and dry and it's set to get hotter towards the end of the week with temperatures of about 29-30c predicted. Phew!  

We cooked a hot and spicy chilli con Carne for dinner and that made us sweat even more!


No comments: