Sunday 24 July 2022

Turning back time...

Keith and I popped to Tesco this morning to get some shopping, and take some things over to Mum. It felt warm and muggy, and I couldn't wait to get home and feel a bit cooler!

Because we've booked a holiday in the Costa Brava I dug out some of my old holiday diaries and had a good read of the account of our holiday to Tossa de Mar in August 1980, as well as looking at some photographs. My 12-year-old self wasn't the best at describing each day of the holiday, and the entries were very short, but it was fascinating to read what we got up to as a family. We ate a lot of meals in our apartment, rather than go out for dinner! And, we went to a bullfight! Certainly not popular these days!

If you want a quick read (the photos are lovely) have a look here:


I was obsessive about writing down mileage and how much everything cost! It's amazing we could get a full tank of petrol for 100 francs (about £10?).

I also have diaries from more years (1981-1986) and at least the writing gets a bit better! I will add them over the next few weeks to preserve them, as some of the notebooks are falling apart - they are over 40 years old! I might get them made into a book and give a copy to my parents to read.

In the afternoon Sophie and I enjoyed a face pack and watched A Place in the Sun. It was then time for Scrabble and a glass of wine. Keith barbecued this evening and the food was delicious, as always. After dinner, I wished vehemently that it was Friday evening again and not Sunday. I am not looking forward to the next five weeks at work! 

No comments: