Thursday 7 July 2022

Frantically busy!

I was at work from 8am until 2pm today and I have never known time go so fast. I dealt with as many emails as I could and several orders that needed processing. Poor Sue tried to talk to me a couple of times but I just didn't have any spare minutes to chat, that's how busy I was!

At 2pm I sped home and Keith and I went shopping again. Sophie had given us a list of what she wanted us to get for Sunday, including a bottle of Champagne, and lots of nibbles. Aldi came up trumps with a lot of what we needed, and I treated myself to a bottle of Aperol in Tesco. It's delicious with Fevertree tonic as a long drink, served with ice and slices of orange.

Luckily, this evening's meal was a simple affair - chicken Kiev (or Kyiv?) Parmentier potatoes, sweetcorn, broccoli and peas. Sophie very kindly cooked and Keith and I had a couple of games of cards while she bustled about.

It's started to feel hot and the weekend is looking particularly warm. We're in London on Saturday, visiting Superbloom and the temperatures are expected to get up to about 28c. Phew!

No comments: