Monday 18 July 2022

Heat and noise!

We had an unprecedented red warning of heat today, never seen before in this country, and I was not looking forward to going to work! However, our office was cool and remained that way all day, which was a relief!

As imagined, we were hectically busy with swimming bookings, taking calls from a lot of members of the public who just couldn't understand that we didn't have continuous swim sessions all day. By the end of my shift, I could have screamed at the phone! Obviously, all the sessions we did have available were fully booked by midday so we had to repeat the same thing over and over again!

Sara and Sheila were training all day, and it was Sheila's birthday, so she had brought in a load of homemade scones which were devoured by the other managers on the course, causing a lot of noise and mayhem as we tried to answer calls! 

Normally, I would say it was a relief to get home but the temperature in my car was registering 41.5c (not true), and it was 84f (28c) in our kitchen! As the evening wore on, it gradually became warmer but we didn't break the record today for the hottest day ever. I think that will happen tomorrow! 

Before bed, I had a cold shower and stood under it for about ten minutes. Heaven!


No comments: