Friday 29 July 2022

Saying goodbye...

As you can imagine, I was mightily glad it was Friday, and amazingly, we're almost at the end of another month!

I was working with Jo today, instead of Kathy who was on annual leave, and it was just the two of us. Sara said she would help out, but she didn't, so it was a bit full-on, and there was no real let-up. I had some very strange calls, as usual, and I could hardly hear one woman on the phone who started to get very rude as if it was my fault the line was bad! Thank goodness it's nearly the weekend!

Keith didn't go to the pub this evening, and Sophie and I sipped a lovely glass of Picpoul de Pinet and watched a great film starring George Clooney and Catherine Zeta Jones called Intolerable Cruelty. It was funny and very quirky! I honestly think that George Clooney is the new Cary Grant... swoon!

Dinner was pizza, crispy potatoes and salad, and after we'd eaten, we watched the rest of the film before catching up with the last ever episode of Neighbours. It was a double-bill, and a lot of the old faces appeared, including Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan. I suspect, though, that the scene they were in was filmed separately as they didn't have anything to do with the rest of the cast, and Kylie never uttered a word!

I stopped watching Neighbours when they killed off the character of Sonya in March 2019, and I haven't seen an episode since, but I wanted to watch the last instalment, which I found quite emotional. I used to be a huge fan - one year we even watched in Mallorca on holiday - so it was a bit sad saying goodbye. It will be interesting to see what the cast get up to in the future!

No comments: