Tuesday 26 July 2022

Rain?

I was dreading going into work this morning, after yesterday's craziness, but it wasn't as bad as I feared thank goodness. It was busy - it's the summer holidays after all - but we did have some lulls in phone calls when we could get other work done. It was lovely to leave at 4pm and know that I had tomorrow off, with no actual plans, other than Sophie coming home from work early, which was a bonus!

Back home I mooched about and gazed at our desert of a garden. It's now been ages since we had any decent rainfall, and there are mutterings in some parts of the country about hosepipe bans and comparisons with 1976... Our grass is dry and crinkly and I have no desire whatsoever to go out there and tidy up. And cutting the grass is out of the question!

Sophie cooked a delicious dinner tonight of chicken stuffed with garlicky cheese and wrapped in Parma ham. It reminded me of when we had to isolate after our short break in Mallorca, until we received our  PCR results, and we made this dish from things we found in the fridge! Ah! Happy days!

No comments: