Thursday 14 July 2022

A brief respite...

It was much cooler this morning but this is a brief period of respite before the heat returns at the weekend! I don't think we'll be doing a lot on Saturday and Sunday! I'll be draped in cold, wet, towels and lying on the bed with the fan on full blast. Unfortunately, the two hottest days are next Monday and Tuesday when I'm at work...




It was great to put my lunch into the new fridge in our office to keep it cold. Our office felt stiflingly hot so I'd turned all the fans on to try and make it a bit cooler! 

We were one person down today so I answered a couple of calls, but finished the monthly "moan" report for Sara and sorted out some orders, as well as dealing with emails. As usual, the time flew by!

At 2pm I drove home and helped Keith with renewing his driving licence, which was a very simple process. I then pottered about doing some housework and preparing the vegetables for dinner. Sophie wanted to cook beef fajitas so Keith had cut up the meat into thin strips, and I chopped up some old tomatoes we had lying about in the fridge along with an onion, a pepper and mushrooms.

When Sophie arrived home we had a good natter sitting at the island with a drink. It was lovely and cool and our kitchen thermometer was registering 74f, so 10 degrees cooler than the other day. It's not going to last though!

Dinner was delicious and afterwards, we relaxed with another couple of episodes of My Lottery Dream Home!

No comments: