Saturday 30 July 2022

Pootling!

Sophie went to the gym this morning to take part in a yoga class, and I managed to complete some jobs on my to-do list, which was enormously satisfying. I bought travel insurance for our holiday and booked Duxford next Sunday as a treat for my parents. I called the museum and reserved a mobility scooter for my Dad, so that should make it easier for us to get around. I enjoyed coffee and pastries for breakfast, and Sophie returned at about lunchtime after enjoying her class and having a run.  

I didn't leave the house at all today and it was blissfully quiet - wonderful! I think a lot of our neighbours are on holiday at the moment, so peace reigned. It was lovely to pootle about and I sat and read the papers while Sophie prepared dinner, a chicken and pasta dish that smelt wonderful.

We played Scrabble in the evening and Sophie beat me twice! She finished off the meal, which was lovely and used the small orzo pasta that makes it more like a risotto.

After we'd eaten Keith and I watched an old Bond film starring Timothy Dalton. What a shame he wasn't the most successful Bond!


No comments: