Saturday 23 July 2022

Shopping and sandwiches

Sophie wanted to go to a yoga class this morning and asked us if we wouldn't mind taking her, putting some petrol in her car, and then collecting her from the gym. We dropped her off and went to Morrison's to fill her tank and, as a surprise, I put her little Hyundai through the carwash as it badly needed a good scrub!

It looked a lot better when I finished but I still had to go over it with a cloth to remove the stubborn stains. I didn't have to do that when I took mine to Waves at Tesco! Before picking her up, we made another attempt to have a coffee from the drive-thru at Tim Horton's. This time we weren't held up, and while we waited for Sophie, we sipped our coffees and read the papers.

In the afternoon we drove over to Market Harborough for lunch at Miller's cafe. We managed to get the last table inside and ordered toasted sandwiches and cold drinks. My tummy felt a bit queasy today and I was a little worried I might need to dash to the loo! Our lunch was much more expensive than it was last time... a shade under £20 for two sandwiches and drinks. Mine was tasteless (it was chicken, tomato, mozzarella and pesto) and I'm not sure how I managed to eat it. It was like munching on cardboard!

Sophie had a look in her favourite shop, The Attic, and bought a lovely satiny skirt and a 70s-style dress. I sat outside as I felt even more queasy than I did earlier! After looking in a second shop for some very colourful summer clothes, and not seeing anything she liked, Sophie was happy to return home. 

The weather was grey and cloudy with a brisk breeze and it was heaven to get home and lie on the bed watching To Catch a Thief starring Cary Grant and Grace Kelly. I felt a lot better and later in the afternoon we played two games of Scrabble, winning a game each.

Dinner tonight was a Chinese takeaway and I had been a bit worried about eating it with my tummy gripes, but all was well, and it was as delicious as ever! After we'd eaten Keith and I watched an enjoyable comedy called How To Please a Woman, which was hilarious, and a lot of fun!

No comments: