Wednesday 13 July 2022

Getting scanned...

I had a mammogram booked for this morning at 10am, so I drove to Guilsborough where the breast screening van was parked in the car park. I was exactly on time and was barked at to use hand sanitiser before taking my seat. Where I sat wasn't right, though, and I was ordered to sit at the far end of the bench seat as they were practising social distancing. The receptionist did a good job of making an already stressful experience worse, which was good of her. Why these people are doing jobs working with people when they clearly hate them is beyond me... She was even rude to the nurse carrying out the mammogram!

The experience was over in about ten minutes and I'll get the results in two weeks. I drove home and enjoyed coffee and pastries sitting at the island, catching the breeze. Bliss! That was until both Keith and I heard the ball banging next door... my one day when I thought I could sit and enjoy the silence!

I was taking Mum out this afternoon so I pootled about doing the shopping list and trying to come up with some meals we could enjoy in the hot weather. Not an easy task! I looked at the salad section in one of the cookbooks and was met with a deadly stare from Keith... oh dear!

Mum and I went over to Tesco and I decided to treat my poor dusty car to a thorough, professional clean. It cost me £30 but it was so worth it to have it gleaming inside and out. What a difference! Mum and I did our shopping and then we had a coffee until it was time to collect the car. 

I dropped her back at the care home, popped to Broughton to return my Tassimo pods and headed home. It has felt cooler today, thank goodness, and there was a delicious breeze wafting about. Sophie texted me when I was at home saying there's going to be another rail strike this month and the day? Wednesday the 27th, when we are due to go down to London to see Dr Bawa and have lunch at the British Museum... typical! When Sophie arrived home she re-arranged her medical appointment, and I postponed the lunch at the museum until the following Wednesday. 

Dinner tonight was pizza and salad, and I used up the leftover chicken from yesterday's barbecue and added it to one of the pizzas along with some onions we hadn't eaten. It was delicious!

No comments: