Monday 11 July 2022

Hot, hot, hot!

Today was supposed to be the hottest of the year so far with temperatures expected to reach 31-32c. Next weekend is set to be even hotter with a rare, amber warning out for Sunday and Monday. I know it sounds perverse, but I really prefer Spring and Autumn to Summer... I'm not a fan of the sultry heat we always seem to get in this country, and how our homes and places of work aren't really geared up for hot weather.

At work, Nicola went to a meeting and came back with bottles of water and ice lollies for us. It was a nice touch, and she also asked Sheila to order us a fridge for our office so we could keep bottles of water and food in there to keep cold.

When I got into my car it was awful! Driving home the temperature registered 35c at one point and I was glad I had air-conditioning! The house was warm so I opened up more windows and tried to keep the rooms cool. Our kitchen temperature was showing 84f, about 28c!

We sat and discussed meals for the next few days but what do you cook in this hot weather? It gets to the point where we're fed up with barbecues and salads!

After dinner (leftovers from yesterday's buffet lunch) Sophie and I went upstairs to watch My Dream Lottery Home. What I would do for a pool right now!


No comments: