Wednesday 15 June 2022

Sad news...

I woke to find Sophie hadn't gone to the gym this morning as she'd been up until late talking to Zain, and they had ended their relationship. Naturally, Sophie was sad and upset about what happened, but I think he has a lot of issues at the moment and he was finding it hard to maintain a long-distance relationship with her. I'm hoping they will stay friends, but we'll have to wait and see.

As she was so upset, I gave her a lift into work so we could have a chat. I returned home and made a start on giving the conservatory a good clean. I pulled out the sofa and found a load of dead insects lurking behind it... horrible! It's been a warm and sunny day today and it's due to get hotter as the week goes on. Phew! Summer has definitely arrived!

I cleaned and pottered about until the afternoon but it was too hot to do a lot. Some tasks will have to wait for cooler weather! Keith went to have his hair cut just after lunchtime and I sat at the kitchen island and read the newspapers. It was cool with both the door and the window open.

Before collecting Sophie from work, we popped into the new Aldi at Moulton to buy a couple of bottles of wine that had been recommended by Olly Smith - a Greek white and an Italian Rose from the slopes of Mount Etna. This new supermarket has certainly taken off and every time we go in there it's busy. It's very handy for us!

Sophie seemed OK when we picked her up and we headed home to relax and think about dinner. We opened all the doors and windows and tried to keep cool!

No comments: