Saturday 18 June 2022

Return of the rain.

It was a real pleasure to work with Tracie today, and we had a pleasant shift. We were busy at times, and most of the calls were to book swimming sessions, but I managed to get a lot done between answering the phone, so that was a bonus!

Outside, it was dark grey and raining, and the temperature had plummeted to about 15c. Crazy! How can two days be so different! It was lovely to be cooler, though!

Keith had given me a lift into work as the car parks are always busy, and he picked me up at 2pm. We went home and I made myself a mushroom omelette for my belated lunch. Sophie was out with Laura and they'd gone to The Whyte Melville in Boughton. She had received a parking ticket from the people who manage the car park at Virgin as she'd stayed over the four-hour limit last Friday. She stayed longer yesterday as well as she starts at 11am on a Friday and does a couple of classes, so she was spitting mad! We get this in three of our car parks and normally, for people visiting the centres, we manage to cancel them, so I told her not to worry.

When she returned home she was laden with gifts from Laura for looking after her cats the other week. She had a gorgeous bouquet of flowers, Italian snacks, a bottle of Limoncello, a beautiful Italian tile and a bottle of Sancerre. I'm happy to look after them again!

We'd booked to go out this evening to The Hare at Loddington and Keith went upstairs to have a bath. I went and lay on the bed for a while and felt tired, for some reason. I thought it would have been lovely to have ordered a takeaway tonight as I really didn't feel like going out! I suggested this to Keith and Sophie and they agreed! We cancelled the table and went downstairs to play Scrabble! We are turning into recluses!

It was lovely and cosy sitting at the kitchen island - outside it was pouring with rain and dark. Who would have believed it after yesterday! Sophie went out to go to the loo and shouted that our burglar alarm was ringing! Both Keith and I rushed out and tried to silence it but it took ages to get the code correct! Thankfully, we managed to turn it off but the "tamper" light was still showing and we hadn't a clue why!

Our meal arrived and we enjoyed the delicious food. After dinner, Keith watched some of the US Open and then we enjoyed a documentary on the Heatwave of 1976. Very apt at the moment! Keith said he didn't remember the year but I certainly did! I remember the reservoirs and lakes drying up and the never-ending heat!


No comments: