Thursday 30 June 2022

Losing it!

I was kept busy at work today by helping Sara with the customer service emails and doing other admin jobs. She sat with Sheila for a long while going over what she does as she's on holiday from this afternoon for over a week. 

I sped off at 2pm and dashed down to Sophie's workplace as she had a terrible headache and I had some ibuprofen with me. After I'd dropped them off I drove home and Keith and I went shopping. His wrist is still hurting him badly so I offered to help. We were a bit disorganised today as we hadn't done the list properly and just had a scruffy piece of paper with the meals we had planned.

Aldi was very quiet (maybe 3pm is the time to go?) and we sped around quickly getting what we needed. In Tesco, I went to retrieve the list from my bag and realised I'd lost it! Calamity! We never shop without a list so we had to try and remember what we needed, and of course, we forgot multiple things!

On the way out we filled my Dad's car up with more petrol in readiness for our trip to Southampton on Saturday. Keith has now put in about £70 since last Saturday!

Back home we put the shopping away and I managed to stand on Monty's foot. I'd told him to get out of the kitchen while we were busy, but he kept yowling and weaving his way in between our legs. When I stood on him he let out a loud, elongated yowl, and ran off, only to come back a few minutes later. He obviously hadn't learnt his lesson!

Once the shopping was away, Keith and I prepared the vegetables and chicken for tonight's paella. Sophie was cooking - what a treat!

No comments: